This is a great appetizer for a party, snack or meal!
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1, 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Place all ingredients in food processor and mix until desired smoothness is achieved. I taste and see if the garlic and lemon are flavorful enough for me and add more if desired.
If you use fresh garlic, add less unless you’re a serious garlic lover. Adjust the recipe to your palette.
Alternate: Use your favorite store-bought hummus!
- cherry tomatoes, varied colors, halved
- thinly sliced basil
- sliced kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- sliced cucumber, (I used an English Cucumber)
more sliced vegetables, pita bread, pita chips, or other chips ( My husband likes “Food Should Taste Good” Multigrain Chips, while I love my Iraqi friend’s fresh Khobz)